27.5.11

Parippu /Chana Dal Vada

Parippu Vada a common order  in a Chayakadda.I love the chayakadda seen in Malayalam movie and the talks there.Having lived my life outside Kerala the only way I used to connect with my roots is through movies.Vacations were short and sweet,with visits to relatives.To be true to you guys I and my brother would wait to be back to Mumbai cos we felt more free and we did miss our friends.
I started admiring the beauty of Kerala and Keralites after joining nursing.Learned proper Malayalam and many proverbs......Its after marriage I saw the proper Kerala.Now its come to a point when I often fight with my parents for deciding to settle in Mumbai that took me away from this place called Gods own country.And me...Guys I will be settling in Kerala.So pension aayi kazhinchettu onnu koodam..............





Now coming back to the recipe.
Ingredients;
Channa dal/Kadala parippu-2cups-soaked in water for 2 hours
Shallots-10,finely chopped
Green chillies-3,finely chopped
Curry leaves-10,finely chopped
Ginger-1/2inch,finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying


Grind the dal to form a coarse dough.Do not add water.Now add the onion,chillies,curry leaves ,ginger and salt.Heat oil.Make balls of the dough ,flatten it and deep fry it on a madium flame until you get a golden colour.




Serve with banana and hot tea!!!!!!!




30 comments:

aipi said...

They look super crispy n addictive!
US Masala

Sangeetha M said...

crispy n crunchy masal vadai...perfect tea time snack..yours look super crispy n inviting..can i have some vada plz???

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Vadas look truly delicious and mouthwatering. Great post.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Mmmm...delicious...wanna grab one right now from the monitor..:PPP
Tasty Appetite
Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

Julie said...

wow ..reminded me of my childhood n my vacations,same here just spent my vacations in Kerala..anyways,I always loved parippu vadas!!! looks tempting n perfect clicks!

Priya Suresh said...

Feel like munching some crispy vadas, makes me drool..

Chitra said...

ur vada looks very crispy, did u use a food processor to grind it?

Suja Manoj said...

Perfect tea time snack..my favorite..looks so yummy dear.

Sanjeeta kk said...

The vadas look crisp and lovely!

Saranya said...

hooo Parippu vada..its so tempting..i like to have with Tea.
Saranya
http://www.foodandtaste.blogspot.com/

Deepthi KR said...

Hi Biny,
they are looking great....
first time to hear about shallots...
very good evening snack
DeepthiDigvijay
Good Food Recipes
Coffe With Me Deepthi

Sobha Shyam said...

an excellent classic snack..."parippu vada n chaya" malayalikalude swantham aanallo alle.. :)..looks perfect n delicious..

Unknown said...

Crispy and crunchy vada..chayekyu best accompaniment..

Vardhini said...

Vadais are so perfect. Love the presentation too.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Radhika said...

they look like nuggets. crispy and a great tea time snack.

Aruna Manikandan said...

one of my favorite...
looks crispy and delicious dear :)

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Crispy Vadas...look delicious...Nice clicks

reva said...

Yummy vada:) So crisp and crunchy ... I love this with a sup of tea..
Reva

Prathima Shivraj said...

My all time favorite snack, looks crispy &delcious.

Sravs said...

First time here dear !! u have wonderful blog and nice collection of recipes !! Glad to follow u !!

wow Vada looks so crispy and well presented !!

Suparna said...

Hi First time here :P
glad that I bumped into ur blog...ur recipes are good and so are ur clicks...was wanting to make these vadas...sometime the coming weekend ...thanks for the recipe.

Rekha shoban said...

crispy vada n perfect with tea!!

Ganga Sreekanth said...

hi biny.sukhamalle:)parippuvada adipoli aayittundu

cook from doha said...

parippu vada is irressistable..........i want that whole plate..........

hemalata said...

So crispy and crunchy masala vadai,looks tempting and excellent photography.

Plateful said...

My comfort food -- perfect with a cup of chai. Aha! Your pics are making me crave parippuvada NOW!

Rinku Naveen said...

Crisp and yumm Vadas.You have a nice blog!
First time here.

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Lovely crispy vadas.

Unknown said...

fantastic vadais - looks yummilicious!

Unknown said...

oh kerala is a divine place, we visit guruvayure very year and we stay there for couple of days and god we used to love it every mins there! and vada looks amazing!